TBO Into>English - Translator Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNRESOLVED TERMS FOR FINAL REVISIONS

2 posters

Go down

UNRESOLVED TERMS FOR FINAL REVISIONS Empty UNRESOLVED TERMS FOR FINAL REVISIONS

Post by Scott H Jackson Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:53 pm

Guys -

Based on what's come up in the terminology discussions over the past couple days, these are the key terms that have some problematic aspect and and still need to be resolved and/or signed off. Depending on the resolution of these items, we will need to find/replace the revisions throughout our entire documents prior to delivery.

empacador = packer

penetrador del empacador = packager penetrator or packer penetrator?

Max added various configurations to the glossary using "packer" and the client glossary give "empacador = packer", whereas the client-provided glossary used the term "packager pentetrator" for "penetrador del empacador".

There are some segments where we are using both versions, and it may be unclear to the reader as to whether the packer and the packager are different things.

I personally think that packer is the correct term, but we would have to decide if we want to change "packager penetrator" to "packer penetrator" for consistency's sake.

If you google drilling packer, the term shows up everywhere. If you google drilling packager, it doesn't.

https://www.google.com.ar/#q=drilling+packer

BEC = ECP ?

I had this acronym in the glossary as BEC=BEC, but Gaby pointed out that BEC doesn't make sense as an English acronym. The English acronym would likely be: ECP. If we change it to ECP, everyone would need to do find/replace on this term.

See thread: https://tbointoenglish.foroargentina.net/t68-bec-acronym

Tuberia de producción = casing or casing tubing?

I think the correct term is simply casing, though the client gives "casing tubing".

The term doesn't appear all that much, though it's worth looking at. SO far, I think that we all have been using "casing tubing" as per the client list.

See thread: https://tbointoenglish.foroargentina.net/t86-tuberia-de-revestimiento-glossary-error

I you guys have any other unresolved issues on your list, let me know.
Scott H Jackson
Scott H Jackson

Back to top Go down

UNRESOLVED TERMS FOR FINAL REVISIONS Empty Re: UNRESOLVED TERMS FOR FINAL REVISIONS

Post by gabrielcisneros Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:59 pm

I would concur with Packer,  ECP (for BEC) and leave "casing tubing" because of client glossary.
gabrielcisneros
gabrielcisneros

Back to top Go down

UNRESOLVED TERMS FOR FINAL REVISIONS Empty Re: UNRESOLVED TERMS FOR FINAL REVISIONS

Post by Scott H Jackson Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:04 am

The only change I'm going to make is (2) find/replace BEC with ECP. The other two items (1,3) I'm leaving as-is since they're client defined.
Scott H Jackson
Scott H Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott H Jackson Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:03 am

Jeff - as of right now (10:00) AM.

There are two find/replaces that need to be made across the entire combined doc.

(old) BEC = (new) ECP
(old) production casing = (new) production tubing
Scott H Jackson
Scott H Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott H Jackson Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:15 am

Scott H Jackson wrote:Jeff - as of right now (10:00) AM.

There are two find/replaces that need to be made across the entire combined doc.

(old) BEC = (new) ECP
(old) production casing = (new) production tubing

Gaby, Max and I have all resolved these issues in our own files and have resent them to Vale as of 10:15 AM.

As of now, there are no other unresolved issues on our end.
Scott H Jackson
Scott H Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down